Saturday, August 26, 2006

People Who Need People

Living far away from almost everyone I care about is pretty much the suckiest thing ever. I don't really have a peer group here. I went to a stake YSA FHE activity a couple weeks ago. Not my thing; nobody there I could relate to. Just a lot of frenetic young people. I felt like 26 was much too old to be included.

I'm very much looking forward to the start of fall institute. Apparently, earlier in the year, YSA reps asked some of the older (over 25) singles why they did not attend FHE or Institute. The main reason given was that those activities are exactly what I experienced--they're full of 18-year-olds. Not that 18YOs are bad, but they're loud, and require extra patience. Thus, the idea of a 25-40 Institute class was born. The summer class ended right before I arrived (actually, the night after; but unsurprisingly, I wasn't there) and the class has not yet restarted. I think it does next week--or maybe the week after that. Anyway, soon. That will be nice. And maybe I'll even have home teachers sometime. That would also be a plus.

Even better, I'll be in Utah next weekend. I'm very pleased about this.

Oh, and "WNBA sucks."

2 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

Utah's good for a weekend, I think.

 
At 12:37 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I found my summer experiences in Ohio similarly unfun. For whatever reason, the kids that stay at home don't measure up to my expectations for worthy company. They were, just as you said, 18 years old or losers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home