Saturday, July 15, 2006

Not unimportant

Yes, I'm breaking the guideline in the title. I state quite explicitly that my musings are "unimportant." Currently, though, I feel like explaining that. There are big things going on in my life. As most of the readers that actually know me are aware, I had been married. Now I'm not. However, we still care for one another. I want her to be happy, and she wants the same for me. If either of us felt like telling someone more than that, we would. (Or have, in some cases.)

As mentioned at the close of the last post, I'm now seeing someone--Cinderella. While I have been on dates with several women in recent months, and even saw one exclusively for a short time, things with Cindy seem like they could be long-term, even though I'm moving away in a couple weeks. I doubt I'll be using this as a platform for examining my relationship with her, though, so that's something not to look forward to, dear readers. (All three of you.)

I don't examine these issues here for good reason. I don't think blogs are a good format for self-examination. This is not a private journal. It's not even a small chat with close friends. It's a call to the world, and as such, I don't believe intensely private experiences, thoughts, or feelings are quite appropriate. However, it is a great place to talk about the random amusing (or infuriating) events of my life. So that's what I do.

Here's something odd I noticed yesterday: in the early episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation, the main cast members have started wearing a new style of uniform, while extras are still sporting the old ones. The old style is ugly. And of course, Will Riker looks a lot better with a full beard.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Braden said...

Holy cow. Didn't see that one coming (though I suppose my teasing Cinderella about it suggested otherwise).

Good luck.

 
At 2:00 AM, July 31, 2006, Blogger Thirdmango said...

I totally agree, Riker does look better in full beard. I just got season one on ebay. The start of what will become my full collection, as an avid Star Trek fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home