Thursday, July 13, 2006

My car. I love it, and hate it.

The turn signal broke. Not really the turn signals, though. Just the lever that activates the turns signals. I was pushing it up to signal a right turn, and it snapped in half quite unexpectedly. Quite bizarre, really. I've never seen anything like that happen to a car. It's rather difficult to use just the stub of it that I have left, though. I'll see if duct tape can fix it, but I doubt it.

This comes on the heels of the crankshaft breaking, which caused the power steering and water pump to lose power, which put the car in serious peril. However, the engine did not fully overheat, which would have been a disaster. Nor did the lack of power steering lead to a collision. Thus, repair costs were limited to merely $450. This was weeks after replacing the air conditioner's compressor and the stereo. Combined cost: $1150.

Maybe it really is time to start looking for a new car. (Or, it will be time, once I actually start working and have a certain amount of money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home