Saturday, July 29, 2006

Moving Away

I no longer have an apartment in Provo. I don't have an apartment anywhere, actually. This is cause for concern, as it would be nice to have one before beginning work in nine days. I am also awake when I should be asleep. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's one of those "important" things. Darn. At least I don't have an ulcer again.

I did get to toss horseshoes a couple days ago. I'm not bad at it. The trick is to keep the shoe from rotating while aloft. Hence, toss. Not throw.

I also got to play X-Box. I usually don't. My thoughts: Halo 2 is pretty good. Star Wars: Galactic Battlefields 2 is not. Usually, I'm not angry at a game for being bad. However, I'm making an exception for this one. I'm predisposed to liking SW games. The various games I've played in the past have often been treated especially well in my mind because I like the characters. However, this was too much. I like to play shooting games in a methodical manner. This game is intended to be played in completely the opposite way as much as possible. The controls are poor, the weapons seem too much alike and take too long to charge or reload, it's difficult to know how much ammunition you still have, there are poorly designed flight segments, enemies are respawned when killed... it seems like the game designers found a list entitled "things The Franchise hates in first-person shooter games," and decided to cram as many in as possible. If that was the objective, they succeeded.

At least I got to play with a dog best described as "fetching awesome."

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, July 29, 2006, Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

I used to tell my dog to "fetch" until it was pointed out to me that I sounded like I was swearing.

I was an impressionable child. I don't think I've told a dog to fetch since.

 
At 3:17 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger JB said...

I like dogs. Sounds like you've got an apartment, now. Congrats. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home